Wednesday 24 September 2014

Beauty Haul


So I recently went shopping and had a bit of a splurge on beauty products. I guess, it's technically not a haul because I didn't really get loads of stuff but anyways here it is.
 
Model Co Natural Tan Self-Tan Lotion
 
I was never really a fan of fake tan even though I'm super pale and nothing seems to make me more tanned. I've always just walked around looking like Voldemort, until now. I saw this Model Co self tanning lotion in my local supermarket and thought why not give it a go, so I did. It is amazing. Simply apply like a normal moisturiser (avoid contact with clothes until full absorbed) and go about your day. Next time you look in a mirror you'll have a beautiful lasting fake tan that doesn't look like carrot juice (unless you put to much on). This stuff smells really, really good and has a lasting scent which is an added bonus. It also comes in a dark shade and a non natural lotion (me being me, I got the natural one). It was also super cheap (another added bonus). I got this in a sample and tried it and it's been on for a week and hasn't really faded at all, so I bought some.
 
 
Australis Bronzing Powder in 45 Sunkissed

Next up is this Australis bronzer. My sister recommended this to me and I am so glad she did. I did think that it was going to be too dark but it really isn't. When applying this, I started of really soft which just added a sort of healthy glow to my face, but it can be built up quite easily and is great for contouring as well. This bronzer is quite pigmented and is also quite metallic but the shine isn't noticeable once it's applied to your face. I couldn't find a matte bronzer but this one is really good quality so I'm happy with it.

 
NP Set Essential Brow Set

Okay this has to be my favourite product of all time right now. This brow set is perfect! I was a bit sceptical when I bought this because I thought the lighter shade would be too light for my eyebrows (let's face it, my eyebrows are almost black) but when I tried it, it was absolutely perfect. The products there (in order from left to right) are Basic Brow, Glam Brow and Shaping Wax. I personally probably have the rattiest eyebrows on the planet. When I wake up they are pointing in every which direction but this eyebrow pallet, five minutes and an eyebrow comb and they are all sorted. I would definitely recommend this product to just about everyone. The colours work for both dark and light eyebrows and when used in tandem with the shaping wax, you can achieve perfect eyebrows in a matter of minutes.

 
BYS Synthetics Large Powder Brush
 
 
Yep, a Cheapo brush. I didn't really know what to expect when I bought this but I have no regrets. For the mere price of 13 Aussie Dollars I now have a super soft brush that blends well and doesn't let product to cling to the bristles. Usually I hate synthetic brushes but they are actually great. When you're working with non oil based makeup then none of the makeup sticks to the bristles. as you can see with this brush. I've used it to blend bronzer and blush and also to apply setting powder, non of which have mixed. If you're not willing to spend a pretty penny on brushes then I recommend this for you.
 
 
Exhibit Foundation Brush


 
 
I actually have no idea whether this is synthetic or not but my guess would be synthetic. This is another cheap(er) brush that I bought and I personally like it a lot. It's super soft and makes application easy. It's also easy to clean and maintain. This brush (quite obviously) hasn't been used yet but if it's anything like my previous brush (which it is, they're the same) it will be great.
 
 
 
BYS Synthetics Angled Tip Blush Brush
 
Yep, another cheapo brush. eh, what can I say? They aren't as bad as people make them out to be. This brush makes blush applying easy and also works well for contouring and bronzer. As it is synthetic, makeup struggles to stick to it (probably because it can't be absorbed, but then again, powder isn't wet). I don't really have much to say on this brush because I kind of said it all on the Powder brush. 
 
Fake Face Professional number 39 Eye shadow Smudging Brush
 

 Well, for a change this brush is natural bristled. I have to say that it looks really pretty with it's little wooden handle. I pretty much got it because my other eye shadow smudger broke (typical). This brush is insanely soft and is really gentle on the delicate eye area. I haven't really had a chance to use this brush properly but I am really looking forward to it.

 
 
 
Malava Contour and Crease brush
 
Okay, I love this brush. It's insanely good and blending in the crease and is the perfect shape for application to both the crease and areas for contour. The bristles on this brush are actually a mix of both synthetic and natural but this time around they are really dense. This enables the brush to hold it's shape and makes it perfect for crease application.
 
 
So that was my little beauty splurge. I don't know what products are available where as I don't live everywhere. I hope this provided some cheaper alternatives for you all (remember you don't need expensive brushes to look pretty, it's how you use them that does the job).
Enjoy
Emma Jay xox
 
 





1 comment:

  1. I have the same Australis bronzer and I find it to be absolutely amazing. I agree that it is very buildable, but also a little goes a long way. Such a great product!

    ReplyDelete