Wednesday 24 September 2014

Top 10 songs...

So because music is growing in popularity these days,  I figured I should probably share my top 10 all time favourites with you. Be warned some of these are "old" songs but in my opinion, music never gets old ;).

10) Sitting in at number 10 we have Fair Fight by The Fray.
Okay do if you haven't heard this song, definitely check it out. I pretty much listen to it when I'm stressed because it's just really calming and quiet.

9) Suit and Tie By Justin Timberlake Featuring Jay Z
I. Love. This. Song! I actually have no idea why but I literally know this song word for word and whenever I hear it, I cant refrain from singing it. No idea why but that's just how it is....

8) Hey L.A by Ryan Beatty
I know a lot of people haven't heard of Ryan Beatty but seriously, look him up on YouTube or something (that's where I found him)! He's so amazingly talented, even my mum likes his songs and she's pretty picky so that's really saying something. If you're those kind of toned down pop songs then Ryan Beatty is for you! (Also if you find any piano sheet music for any of his songs, let me know where you found it because I've been searching for it for ages!)

7) The entire Wicked Soundtrack
I know, I know, this technically isn't one song but there's too many songs on there to fit them all in my top 10 so I just chucked them all under the one banner. If you haven't heard of Wicked  then seriously, Look. It. UP!  It is, quite frankly, the best musical I've ever heard! I love it so if that's what your into (and even if it's not) look it up, you'll love it!

6) She Looks So Perfect 5SOS
Gotta have an Aussie band in here. Seriously, these guys are talented! This song is perfect for jamming out to in the car and just chilling in general

5) Rap God by Eminem
This song is insane. How he can rap that fast I have no idea. Learning the lyrics to this song is a challenge I'm willing to accept and have tried and failed at doing (multiple times). I'm not going to go crazy over this one because I know some people don't like rap but if your interested, it's a really good song.

4) Redemption by The Strange Familiar
This song isn't as heard as other song's that I listen to. It's really soothing and has quite a good message behind it. I first heard this song on the Vampire Diaries and then again on Pretty Little Liars and instantly fell in love with it.

3) Sing by Ed Sheeran
Ed Sheeran has got to be my favourite artist of all time. His music is so unique and the stories he tells through it are so touchingly beautiful. If you need some chill-out music then I definitely recommend Ed Sheeran for you.

2) Stay With Me by Sam Smith
Sam Smith emerged into my musical world this year and his voice, oh my gosh, it's perfect. I'll be honest though, I didn't really know who he was until I heard Ed Sheeran sing Stay With Me. I absolutely loved his version so, being the inquisitive human that I am, I Googled it. Sam Smith's name instantly came up so I listened to the song and was just Wowed. So be inquisitive guys, you never know what you'll find.

1) Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj.
Yep that's right, I love this song. I always try (key word, try) to sing this song when it comes on the radio but due to my lyrical failure and the fact that I can't sing that high, I can't really sing it. These three girls are perfect in and I like pretty much all of their music (except for a few dodgy songs and music video's released by Nicki *cough* anaconda *cough*)

Here it is, my top 10. Let me know if you agree (or disagree) with my list. I hope this gives you some different music to listen to.
Enjoy
Emma Jay xox

No comments:

Post a Comment