Wednesday 24 September 2014

Top 5 Pimple Killers

Pimples, yeah I know the feeling. Those painfully gross, bright red, puss filled lumps protruding from your face. Well they aren't exactly pleasant are they? I have discovered some sneaky little tricks to destroy them and keep them at bay. So, I decided to share my top 5  with you.
Here it is!

1) Ice.

Yep you read right. Ice works wonders on pimples (especially blind pimples). Simply wrap an ice-cube up in a cloth and apply it to the pimple for a couple of minutes and (once your skin has defrosted) you will see and instant difference in the redness, inflammation and pain the pimple is causing. This is by far the cheapest most inexpensive way to reduce the noticeability of pimples.

2) Tea-Tree Oil

I know what your thinking, oil makes pimples worse, well, Tea Tree oil is absolutely amazing. I use this on spots on my face (less often then I should) but it works wonders. Tea Tree oil is a really strong antiseptic which is why it works so well on pimples. You simply apply it to a cotton tip and dab onto your blemishes before bed (you can use it during the day but because it's an oil it will make your face look oily, no matter how much makeup you apply). When I use this there is a noticeable difference by the time a wake up. This product works best if you catch the pimple in its early stages and apply daily. Lavender oil also works on pimples but generally will only reduce redness rather then eradicating the pimple. Fun fact, lavender oil gets rid of mosquito bites, my grandma told me that if you rub lavender leaves on your mosquito bites they go away so I tried it and it worked!. I personally use the Thursday Plantation tea tree oil (and other essential oils) because I know the product well (I have really sensitive skin that reacts easily so I prefer to stick with familiar products so that I don't get skin imbalances or allergic reactions.) and it is Australian grown and made so I'm supporting Aussie workers (always a good feeling).

3) Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Scrub

I swear by this stuff, as I said before I have really reactive skin so any change in products can cause an oil imbalance or an allergic reaction. I have used this stuff for about a year now and it is actually amazing! It keeps pimples away and keeps pores clear (so I don't get any of those pesky, hard to budge blackheads). I use this scrub morning and night and it makes my skin feel super soft and really brightens it (especially in the mornings when I look like a zombie). Also this face scrub smells really, really good. I can't quite describe the smell, it's kind of apricot-y and the smell stays on your skin for a good few hours. I'm always complimented on my "exotic fruity scent" at school so I guess that is an added plus.

4) Milk and Honey Mask

Okay so this one sounds a bit gross but it works. It's a combination of milk powder, honey and water. Just mix 2 teaspoons of milk powder with 1 teaspoon of honey and add warm water until it becomes a paste. Apply to face and leave for 5-10 minutes. Then just wash off and enjoy you new super soft skin. This is best used before your shower and I also recommend using your regular face scrub/cleanser because (though it is a fantastic idea) this mask can leave you with a milky scent...not attractive. You can also add rose oil or oatmeal to this mask as these are also fantastic skin softeners or rose water for a better scent and brighter skin. I've also heard that egg whites are really good for your skin but I hate eggs so I've never tried it.

5) Salt Scrub

As wacky as this skin treatment sounds it is actually one of the most effective ones I've tried (hence why it's on this list). To do this you can either purchase a salt scrub or add a little bit of water to a lot of salt. This will make a kind of grainy paste which you use like your regular face scrub. Another way do a salt scrub is but rubbing sea salt granules into your face where your spots are but you do not  wash off the salt. This enables the salt to absorb the oil and exfoliate the pores while you do what ever else you want to do in life. This version of the salt scrub is best done before you go to bed as it is more effective when you aren't being exposed to the sun (idk why, it just does).

So these are my Top 5 pimple killing, skin care methods. I hope that some of these help you to improve your skin.
Any questions or queries? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Love <3
Emma Jay xox

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12915577/?claim=snc3w3j83dg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment:

  1. Great advice Emma! You mentioned some interesting remedies that I haven't tried before, which I will definitely be trying now xx
    http://laurennajade.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete